Eating out close to Finglen House
There is a selection of restaurants, pubs and cafés in the area around Finglen House, providing a wide range of styles and menus. The following is a selection grouped in geographic areas:
Strathblane (3 miles)
- The KirkHouse Inn -The tranquil, picturesque parish of Strathblane in the idyllic setting of the Kirkhouse Inn
- Blane Valley Inn - New local pub with a traditional feel.
Killearn (8 miles)
- The Old Mill - a friendly pub atmosphere with an open fire. Small restaurant but excellent food.
Fintry (9 miles)
- The Courtyard Café - attractive conversion in an old farmyard excellent light meals and friendly service.
- The Fintry Inn - the original pub in this well kept scenic village.
Drymen (12 miles)
- The Clachan Inn - the favourite pub of the locals. Good food and full of atmosphere.
- The Potteries - a popular tea room with light meals.
- The Buchannan Arms - the hotel has a formal restaurant, cosy bar and a comprehensive sports/Gym complex available for non residents at a fee.
- The Winnock Hotel - on the village square this hotel has a formal restaurant, pub food at the bar and a beer garden.
Kippen (16 miles)
- The inn at Kippen Visit the picturesque and historical village of Kippen nestling in the Campsie Hills overlooking the Forth Valley and the Highlands beyond.
For those who would like to combine an excursion with a good restaurant, highly recommended are:
- Loch Fyne Cairndow - hugely popular seafood restaurant on the way to Inverary.
- Monachle Mhor - internationally acclaimed restaurant at Balquhidder 25 miles North.
Stirling, Dumbarton, Callander and Balloch all offer a wide variety of ethnic restaurants.